In 1923, Ernest Hemingway traveled to Spain where he wrote part of his first novel - 'The Sun Also Rises'. It was a defining journey that would propel him into one of the 20th century's most influential authors.
The Holton Leather Pack is our solution for modern Hemingways. Our first all-leather backpack designed to be worthy of the important trips that shape our lives.
Promising to wear in with your travels, the Holton will withstand the rigors of the road while creating a beautiful patina that would accompany any great writer on the trip of a lifetime.
Reflecting The Process
The singular beauty of full-grain, vegetable tanned leather.
The Holton Pack is constructed from the same full-grain, vegetable tanned leather we use across all Tanner Goods products.
Unlike bags which use sanded and finished leather to create a perfect face, the vegetable tanning process honors the unique character of each hide by leaving its surface unfinished.
This leather may have slight imperfections that make it distinct. These subtle variations are a reflection of this hand-crafted and specialized process and they ensure that your Holton is as singular as you.
Built using the best of old and new.
Less is more, and the slim profile of the Holton will navigate any path, no matter how crowded.
Finished in a mix of light yet durable aircraft aluminum hardware and our custom rivets for an ideal balance of function and form.
Featuring an interior laptop pocket, the Holton will keep your tech secure with a durable ripstop lined drawcord cinch prevents water from entering the pack.
It's all in the details...
• Constructed using the same premium, full-grain, vegetable tanned leather used in all our products
• Main compartment lined in durable nylon ripstop
• Interior, drawcord closure allows main compartment to increase capacity by 15%
• Solid brass chord stop
• Leather top flap protects contents and adjusts to meet your carry needs
• Aircraft grade aluminum hardware is lightweight yet strong
• Shoulder strap can be adjusted on the go
• Designed in: Portland, Oregon
• Crafted in: Leon, Mexico