Break The Winter Chill: Jade Warrior
To celebrate the premier of our Jade glassware, we’ve concocted a sweet, sour and spicy new drink recipe that’s made to break the Winter chill and get your mind right for the warm months ahead.
1.5 oz Vodka (Monopolova)
1 oz Spicy Kaffir Lime/Ginger Syrup (recipe follows)
.75 oz fresh lemon juice
2 oz Club Soda
Kaffir Lime wedge + Green Thai Chili for garnish
- In shaker - combine vodka, lime/ginger syrup, and lemon juice. Shake over ice.
- In a Mazama Wine glass - rub inside of the glass with Kaffir lime wedge. Set lime slice aside. Add 1 large ice cube to glass.
- Pour contents of shaker into glass - and top with 2 oz club soda. Garnish with Kaffir lime wedge and a green Thai pepper
Spicy Kaffir Lime/Ginger Syrup
1.5 C Water
1 C Cane Sugar
Rind of 1 large Kaffir Lime* (about 1 T)- Finely chopped
1 Tablespoon fresh ginger - finely chopped
1 heaping teaspoon red chili flakes
- Bring all ingredients to a low simmer in a small saucepan. Simmer for 2-3 minutes while stirring occasionally, then remove from heat. Let syrup cool to room temperature.
- Pour syrup through a fine sieve or cheese cloth into a glass container. Store in refrigerator until use.