We are looking for a Fulfillment Manager to join our team in McMinnville Oregon. To apply email your resume to email@example.com
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to the following. Other duties may be assigned as necessary.
- Manage storage, organization, inventory flow, and accuracy of inventory
- Process outbound orders efficiently and accurately through shipment using computer and software systems for each shipment. Must complete shipments on a timely basis prior to the last carrier pickup each day, following any detailed customer specific hardwaring, monogramming, or shipping instructions along with product specific packing or labeling instructions while adhering to shipping timeframes provided.
- Ship customer orders through UPS/FedEx/USPS/DHL carriers using (ShipStation) shipping software integrated to the Shopify Plus web order system.
- Ensure wholesale orders ship within the correct timeframe and are processed correctly per wholesale accounts specifications. Make certain all documentation and necessary forms are filled out correctly (if needed).
- Prepare raw materials or work-in-process product and accompanying documentation for delivery to outside vendors as directed.
- Keep an adequate supply of shipping and packaging materials on hand at all times, including boxes, envelopes, document sleeves, and label stock. Consider anticipated spikes in volume when requesting replenishment and reorder in advance as needed based on anticipated lead times.
- Determine best methods to package product shipments to minimize breakage and damage in transit. Support continuous improvement in this area and consider most economical solutions.
- Serve as primary point of contact for representatives from UPS, FedEx, and DHL.
- Assist with receiving incoming parcels daily and follow QC protocol as established, escalate any quality issues to appropriate parties when necessary, distribute accordingly.
- Upon initial delivery of any product, inspect for quality issues and assign A-grade vs B-grade and tally quantities of each. Communicate B-grade issues with Creative Director and Supply Chain Manager. Articulate B-grade quality issues with visual documentation and photos of quality/craftsmanship concerns and provide timely feedback to vendors in order to determine root cause and corrective actions in improving their production.
- Conduct regularly scheduled cycle counts of Finished Goods on agreed-upon intervals and as directed by Supply Chain Manager.
- Coordinate inventory shipping cut-off with Accountant at each period end.
- Participate in the annual year-end physical inventory for raw materials and finished goods, including offsite locations.
- Oversea and supervise the Shipping Associate position and any contractors brought in to assist in on site tasks.
This position has minimal supervisory responsibilities.
This position has no travel requirements.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
1-3 years’ experience with consumer product packaging and/or shipping including a minimum of one year with picking and packing consumer products. Familiarity with inventory management systems preferred. Familiarity with customer-specific routing instructions, ASN’s, UPC labels, carton labels, or EDI generated documents a plus.
PROFESSIONAL CERTIFICATIONS OR LICENSES REQUIRED
Must maintain a current driver’s license with a good driving record, as deliveries to our Portland retail store will occasionally be made, and/or pickups from local vendors when necessary.
Proficiency with MS Office Suite including intermediate or advanced level with Excel, proficiency with Outlook is required. Familiarity with shipping software, such as UPS Worldship, FedEx Ship Manager, ShipStation, ShipGear, etc. required. Direct hands-on experience using warehouse management systems or ERP software with integrated shipping and inventory systems is preferred. BarTender or similar labeling software experience a plus.
Must possess strong interpersonal skills with the ability to convey ideas and expectations. Must have the ability to read and follow written procedures and drawings consistently and accurately. Must be able to respond clearly and concisely to inquiries and questions from customers, internal team members, managers, external suppliers, and across departments both verbally and in written correspondence. Must keep manager apprised of progress or alert for arising issues that require additional support or escalation. Must be able to clearly communicate instructions and requirements to shipping team members or external carriers. Bi-lingual abilities to communicate in Spanish a plus.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS, REASONING, ADDITIONAL ABILITIES
Must have the ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all unites of measure, using whole numbers, decimals, and common fractions. Must be highly organized, able to handle a high-volume transactional environment, and computer literate with intermediate to advanced keyboarding skills. Must have solid time management skills with demonstrated urgency to meet established tasks and responsibilities. Must be largely self-directed to prioritize daily and weekly tasks and goals along with the ability to apply problem-solving skills to reach reasonable and timely solutions to meet shipping deadlines. Must have the confidence to research and question others to bring clarity to ambiguous situations. Timeliness and accuracy of work product and friendly communication style with an ability to work as part of a team is a must.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS and WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, type, reach with hands and arms, and talk and hear. The employee must be able to stand and walk for 8-10 hours (occasionally 12 hours) a day. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and depth perception. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level varies in the work environment and is usually moderate but may be loud from time to time. Temperature in the warehouse may vary between 60 and 80 degrees in extreme periods of heat on occasion.